The Rowland School of Business (RSB)
at Point Park University
and Above to Below
present the first annual Vigor, Vibe and Venture (V3) Challenge. We encourage anyone with a concept, product, or an existing business to compete in this unique opportunity. We will infuse [vigor] in the form of $10,000 as we assist you in enhancing your entrepreneurial [vibe] know-how, and work to allow your [venture] to blossom.
Our goal is to make a meaningful impact upon your life-story. This is NOT just another venture competition that gives money to companies with a proven track record; this is a competition for everyone - all
walks of life, all
stages of the concept or business.
Through distinctive, experiential learning opportunities, the Rowland School of Business at Point Park University is building one of the most dynamic business education programs in the nation. Through collaboration with Pittsburgh’s leading corporate and non-profit entities, civil and community organizations and leadership, Point Park University students are offered real-world work experience, enabling them to compete and excel when they graduate, and beyond.
The V3 Challenge is a unique platform to give back to the University that challenged and propelled the benefactor to achieve success. Through Above to Below, a business consulting firm, this challenge will connect the University to Pittsburgh businesses for the purpose of providing students with experiential opportunities, both in and out of the classroom. Applicants of the V3 Challenge will have the opportunity to work with the university and students to help further their understanding more formal aspects of business, such as (but not limited to) financial projections, marketing strategies, and business plans.
The winner of the V3 Challenge will receive an investment of $10,000, entrepreneurial mentorship from Above to Below in the form of monthly check-ins for one year, and the opportunity to present to at least one Point Park University class and at least one Rowland School of Business event on their journey.
The deadline for the V3 Challenge is 11:59 p.m. September 15, 2020.
In your 5-minute (or less) video, show us that you are ALL in and tell us:
- About your concept, product, or business.
- Your story, what challenges have you overcome in your life?
- How will this money change your life and your business?
- What critical feedback do you continually receive or what is one of your weaknesses?
- What is your vision for your future?
The form can be found below.
Vigor, Vibe and Venture are the words that are the cornerstone principles behind Above to Below's business framework. These principles will be used to assess the V3 candidates - and eventually taught.
- VIGOR: The energy, effort and enthusiasm behind the candidate for their concept/product/business.
- VIBE: The emotional state felt and communicated by the candidate regarding their determination, vision, and ability to handle stressful and challenging situations.
- VENTURE: The initiative, resourcefulness and ability to take risks regarding the concept/product/business. We assess the business aspects such as (but not limited to): viability, financial return, analysis of competition, etc.